FP7 - FIBRA - Fiber Crops as a Sustainable Source of Bio-based Materials for Industrial Products in Europe and China
Laufzeit: 09.2012 - 11.2015
The consortium for the FIBRA project consists of 16 partners and is coordinated by the Centre for Renewable Energy Sources (CRES) from Pikermi Attikis, Greece.
The main target of the FIBRA network is to link the research and development activities for fibre crop innovations carried out by universities and institutions in both the EU and China and to provide a long-term vision on future common research activities on fibre crops. The network will thus improve researchers’ training opportunities.
The expected impact of the FIBRA project is the establishment of an effective and wide coordination of the research activities on fibre crops in Europe and China in order to stimulate a broad stakeholders’ participation and generate common research programmes to fulfil the international EU policy targets.
The specific objectives of the project are:
- To develop a resource efficient system via optimisation of raw material from fibre crops for multiple uses (crops breeding, crops agronomy, logistics, integrated assessment);
- To support the biorefinery concept for processing fibre crops;
- To facilitate future collaborations between European and Chinese industries in the field of fibre crops and bio-based products;
- To ensure a wide-range networking of the relevant scientific communities and stakeholders and the systematic establishment of linkages such as broad networking twinning of large sets of research projects and consortia;
- Short exchange visits of researchers and summer schools;
- To improve training opportunities in the area of fibre crops to European and Chinese scientists;
- To provide a long-term vision on future common research activities that will contribute to the international policies of the EU;
- To disseminate the project results.
In this framework, the nova-Institute will develop and integrated assessment of the socio-economic and environmental implications of fibre crops.
This project is funded by the European Commision's Seventh Framework Programme for Research and Technological Development. Grant Agreement no. 311965
For more information about the project, please visit www.fibrafp7.net
Dr. Stephan Piotrowski
Economics and Resources
Phone +49 (0)2233-48-1453
Fax +49 (0)2233-48-1450